The Ridge at Manitou Golf Club (The Ridge at Manitou Inc) is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Our services are accessible to disabled individuals. Assisted devices such as wheelchairs, walkers, and oxygen tanks are accommodated in our workplace. Our premises are wheelchair accessible. Our staff is trained not to touch or handle any assistive device without permission. We take caution not to move the assistive device or equipment such as canes, walkers out of the customers reach. We make our customers aware of any accessibility features in the area that are appropriate.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, either reasonable measures will be used to ensure the access of goods and services. For example, open flames and oxygen tanks cannot be near one another. Therefore, the accommodations of a custom with an oxygen tank may involve ensuring the customer is in a location that would be a safe distance from the fireplace.
We communicate with individuals with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
For the Hearing Impaired we:
- Speak directly to the individual so they can read our lips if they are able.
- Offer pen and paper for written communication if they are unable to read lips
For the Visually Impaired we:
- Offer to read out loud to individuals.
- Post on the website in simple formatting which is easy to read.
- Offer magnifying glasses to make print larger.
When accompanied by a support person. We would take care to speak with the customer who is deaf blind and not to the support person.
For Customers who have Intellectual/Development Disabilities:
- We do not make assumptions about what they can and cannot do. We use plain language when communicating with them and provide information one piece at a time
For those who have Mental Health Disabilities:
- We demonstrate the same respect and consideration we show everyone else.
- When communicating, we are confident, calm and reassuring, and if in a crisis situation ask the individual to tell us the best way we can help.
For any disabled persons attempting to access our services, we individualize accommodation as required.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
We are aware that a service animal is not a pet and we will refrain from touching or addressing the animal.
We welcome any person who may support our customer by means of communication, assisting with mobility, personal care or medical needs.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person is welcome to have that person accompany them anywhere on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption to accessibility:
Should a temporary disruption occur we will notify individuals promptly. This notice will be clearly posted and will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff:
We train all staff members and volunteers including all management, servers, guest services, pro shop staff and turf staff.
This Accessible Customer Service Plan will be provided to new staff members during their initial training period.
A training log of who was trained when and on what will be maintained.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standards.
- Our plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our service.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan
Putting Our Plan in Writing:
Our written Accessible Customer Service Plan has been added to:
- Our website;
- Printed material at Reception;
- Our Health and Safety Handbook
The ultimate goal of The Ridge at Manitou Golf Club is to meet and surpass customer expectations, while serving customer with disabilities. Comments on the Clubs services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
Feedback can be made in person or emailed to email@example.com our Director of Golf/Clubhouse Manager.
We are committed to respond within a reasonable length of time.
Modifications to this or Other Policies:
The Ridge at Manitou Golf Club is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, no changes will be made to this Policy or any other, without considering the impact on people with disabilities.