- This event has passed.
RBC PGA Scramble of Canada – Local Qualifier
July 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The RBC PGA Scramble of Canada is a new national series of events taking place at more than 100 golf facilities around the country, culminating with Regional Finals and the RBC PGA Scramble of Canada National Championship in October.
The series of events expects to draw thousands of amateur golfers—who will form their own team of four players— from across the country. Teams will look to make it through local qualifying with the ultimate goal of playing in a Regional and hopefully National Championship in October with a PGA of Canada professional playing on their team at some of Canada’s finest golf courses.
Over 100 local events will be held throughout the year across Canada, with winners progressing to Regional Finals held at some of Canada’s finest golf courses.
Each team at the Regional Final teams up with their PGA Club Professional with the winners progressing to the RBC PGA Scramble Championship Final.
The Championship Final is the golfing experience of a lifetime, with three days of golf, social activities, a gala/awards event, and the opportunity to play with a PGA of Canada Professional.
Stage 1 – Local Event
- 18-hole scramble format
- Teams of four eligible amateurs
- All players must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Gold Membership
- One or more teams will qualify from each Local Qualifier – additional teams may be eligible to qualify from Local Events and will be notified in advance of the event
- The Ridge at Manitou will host a local qualifier on Saturday, July 13th with a shotgun start beginning at 10 am. Green fee of $60 + HST and Ridge Members are free. Everyone must pay the $29.95 + HST registration fee to participate.
Stage 2 – Regional Final
- 18-hole Ambrose (elimination) scramble format
- A PGA of Canada Professional from each Local Qualifying site joins each qualifying team to form a five-player team that will compete at specific courses around Canada
- All players must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap (must be a “Gold” Membership)
- The winning team from each Regional Final qualifies to attend the Championship Final
- Multiple teams may be eligible to qualify for the National Championship at some Regional Final locations
*Once a player has qualified for a Regional Final he/she is no longer eligible to compete at another local event
Stage 3 – Championship Final
- 54-hole Ambrose (elimination) scramble format
- Five-player teams, that qualified through Regional Finals
- Click here for Promotional video from 2017 Final
The RBC PGA Scramble National Championship is a golf trip of a lifetime and will become the highlight of your golfing experiences. The Championship is being held in Cape Breton at the world-renowned Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs. The Championship is a 54-hole tournament format, with teams of four amateurs and one PGA of Canada Professional competing.
The Championship delivers all the atmosphere and competitiveness of a professional tournament with a line-up of social functions to remember. From the Welcome Dinner to the Awards Gala, those RBC PGA Scramble participants who represent their club at the National Championship are provided with the chance to take home much more than the title of RBC PGA Scramble Champions.
- Return airfares from your nearest Capital City to Halifax
- Transportation from the airport to Cabot Links
- 3 rounds of golf at Cabot Links (twice) and Cabot Cliffs
- 4 nights’ accommodation at Cabot Links
- Breakfasts, lunch and on course snacks each day
- Attend the Welcome Dinner
- Attend the Awards Gala Dinner
- Package value approximately $3000
HOW TO ENTER
Entries are open for select Local Events Online through the Local Qualifiers section of this website http://rbcpgascramble.com/